View From My House

View From My House
Sunset

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Garden of Earthly Delights...err...I wish... part 5

A couple of cuties: Raven and his Dora...

Monika wanted to have her photo taken she was pushing herself at the camera lens:

And here we have the garden efforts of today: Some for the Paludarium, some for our little garden that will be veges and herbs.




Kai was trying on a jacket that almost fit him last year, how cute:


This is what the children thought they wanted to do for tea... so we let them! French toast with shapes cut out of them with cookie cutters, with egg fried inside topped with olives, sundried tomatoes, and cheese. Sides were cheese and bacon balls with carrott and apple!








So, today we obviously did some gardening, maitenance, plus some cooking lessons... experimentation in the kitchen. We did a fair bit of reading and the children played in the back yard. I've done more scrapping and I've read another chapter or two of The Watchmen. I got my butterfly stitches off today, and gave it a good wash, doesn't seem too bad... pretty healthy really.


Labyrinth and Dante are at logger heads to try and finish off the last pages of their prospective levels, which makes Dante ahead by half a year! (Reading). They get an extra $10 pocket money when they finish a new level, so they are determined. Kai and I are just going slow, I'm not pushing but he's picking up stuff quicker than I thought he would, so that is great.

One of the best things though, is since we swapped bedrooms and changed our living spaces around, we now have a routine which means everything has a place and the children want to keep a tidy room, most of the time anyway! Mostly so they can do fun stuff like paint and scrap, I believe!

Anyways... life goes on... Q.



No comments: